Monday, March 19, 2012

Garage sales

My Stairwell closet. HELP!


Can you tell I'm a bit of a pack rat? Well if not, I am telling you I have a problem. Yeah I'm a big pack rat. A very well organized one. You would totally be surprised what I can fit into a small box. When I first moved out of my mothers house I had my 94 blue, pink and purple tracker and a pick up truck load of stuff. That is it. I moved all the way from Michigan to Florida. Why is another story.

After a year in Florida of working 50+ hours a week and going to college full time, my then boyfriend at the time and I decided to pack up and move to southern California. We had a Malibu (my poor tracker got totaled in Florida) a dog and one small uhaul of stuff. No mattress, no furniture, nada. It was fun. I love it. Then we got a tiny studio apartment and all of a sudden the pack rat inside came out to play.

Ever since then I have had a problem. Even more  after we tripled our space and moved into a one bedroom.  But not this year. This year I will not live in clutter. I will purge and organize and downsize.
About an hour into the yard sale. Not pictured is the furniture.

This is we're the yard sale comes in. I had it Saturday March 10th. THH helped take everything down stairs.  THM was not to sure about it the few weeks before. I don't thing he wanted to see some of his smaller clothes go. Oh well, time to purge. He did really great and even made a few bucks for himself.




Sold all 4 boxes of baby cloths. Told a lady at the end of the day to take them all for $5. She did! Less to haul to SA!!!
The goal is 2012 things gone in the year 2012. I'm hoping to get even more gone. I haven't been to Joann's all year. I've been using my fabric stash.  I have been getting new Pyrex though.

About an hour before we quit. Look at it all gone!!!


I sold a ton. So much on Saturday that we didn't even want to do it Sunday and took everything to good ole Salvation army. And I even shopped a bit and found nothing! Sad day for me, I must have got all the goodies the day before.

Oh And that boyfriend became my husband and father to my child. LOVE!

My pack rat days are behind me, hopefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment