Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Blossom for Ides of March

Today is Ides of March and we have crappy weather here! BOO!

According to Wiki the Ides of March is the name of the 15th day of March in the Roman calendar.  It is the Roman Calenders first day of Spring.

The Ides of March was a festive day dedicated to the god Mars and a military parade was usually held. Great because I am an Aries and I am governed by Mars! Perfect for me!

In modern times, the term Ides of March is best known as the date on which Julius Caesar was killed in 44 B.C. Caesar was stabbed (23 times) to death in the Roman Senate by a group of conspirators led by Marcus Junius Brutus and Gaius Cassius Longinus.  So beware of the Ides of March.

In celebration of Ides of March and yesterday's Pi day. I made cabbage pie in a Spring Blossom baker. Sorta hit Ides of march, Pi Day and St Patty's day in one, don't yeah think?


I forgot my camera at work and only had my phone. 




Qualities of an Aries: Competitiveness, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, rashness, impatience, courage, spontaneous, assertiveness, self-reliance.


Happy First Day of Spring (sorta)! (even if the weather is crappy here)



See bottom left of picture for credit






 So true, THH is an Aquarius.















No comments:

Post a Comment