Monday, May 21, 2012

Yellow fridgie

Hello Monday!!!!  I hate Mondays. But I love meatless Mondays.  I made these the night before and just popped it in the oven for easy dinner.

Forest fancies and yellow fridgie


This recipe is a bit odd. I'm calling it "everything but the kitchen sink stuffed peppers".


Everything but the Kitchen Sink Stuffed Peppers
adapted from:crockpot365
6 bell peppers (your choice of colors)
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
1 (15-ounce) can black beans
8 oz frozen corn
1 small onion, diced
tops of peppers diced
2 cups cooked couscous
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 
some mozzarella cheese for topping 


The Directions.

Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the seeds and membranes from the inside of each. In a mixing bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, beans, corn, onion, couscous, pepper, spices, and cheese. mix, stuff into peppers. Cook at 350 for about 1.5 hours or longer depending on how soft you want your peppers. Add mozzarella cheese about 15 minutes before you are ready and let melt. I added some water to the bottom.

Serve with fried potatoes & fresh fruit.

I only made 2 because we didn't need six.
Colors look so yummy.
I got sunburnt yesterday the pride parade. I love me some gay men in speedos. I even got some pictures if you all wanna see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment