Monday, June 18, 2012

Meatless Monday - 4 Cheese Spinach Pizza

 The following post will make you hungry for cheese. Sorry :) But this pizza is so yummy. I don't really even know of it qualifies as pizza.

4 Cheese Spinach Pizza


I have no clue what kind of pan this is. It has a super heavy bottom. It is one of my favorites. I did see it at an antique store with lid for over $20. I got mine at goodwill for $3. SCORE! no lid, but hey I have one that sorta fits.
 I used 4 cheeses. Provolone, Parmesan, mozzarella, and cream cheese.
The bread was huge, thank gosh because this made way more than I expected. Piled high with all that cheese and spinach. My pizza stone is getting all nice and black. I had a perfect one then it broke and THH got me a new one for Christmas. You  must own one of these, they are amazing.

4 Cheese and Spinach Pizza 
adapted from:eatyourlegumes.com
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Onion, Chopped
2 Tbsp granulated garlic (I didn't have any fresh)
A Pinch of both Salt and Pepper
2 Tbsp Flour
3/4 Cup Milk
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
10 oz Frozen Spinach, thawed and rung out
Grated Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Provolone slices (you judge how much you want)
2-3 oz cream cheese
Half of a Italian Loaf, Cut in Half Lengthwise

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  2. In a medium sized frying pan melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat.
  3. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add  Salt and Pepper.
  4. Whisk in flour. Then whisk in the milk and cinnamon . Cook until thick.
  5. Put spinach, cream cheese. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
  6. Remove from heat. Spread onto each piece of bread. Top with Mozz, Parm and provolone. Bake 6-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.Or just throw it under the broiler for crispy only top. I did mine in the oven so the bread was really crispy. Should of thrown it under the broiler or a minute.
 Look at all that cheese!!!!!!!

 

1 comment: