Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pyrex Prize Recipes Recipe #1

Recipe #1 made from Pyrex Prize Recipes
Brownies
In 1953 Pyrex came out with a hardcover book. Pyrex Prize Recipes. When I found out I knew I had to have it. But how likely would it be to ever come across it thrifting? So I cheated and bought it for $5.00 (shipping included) on feebay (ebay).  I love it. It smells like old book. It has tons of pictures. And the recipes aren't so bad either. It even tells you what size pan to use.



Then on Sunday we made the brownies. I have never made brownies from scratch before that tasted like brownies. These were fudgey. Not cake like. I don't like cake like brownies.

Pyrex measuring cup, Desert Dawn baker
Green mixing bowl, Old Orchard mixing bowl with spouts
These were not healthy brownies. AT ALL! lol. They are good old fashioned shortening and sugar.

THM helped me out. He got to pour, whisk, measure and lick the spoon. He was covered in chocolate by the time we were done.
We added M&Ms for a little extra something. Recipe did not call for any.
They were great. Not eaten all in one day, thank gosh. My butt doesn't need a whole pan of brownies.

I give them 5 stars.



2 comments:

  1. Isn't it the cutest little book? It's a great piece for a Pyrex collection.

    I could eat a brownie just about now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled across your blog and now im a follower~! The Brownies look to die for, I know what my Girlfriend will be getting for her Birthday in September!

    ReplyDelete