Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Purging

Oh My Oh My!!!!!

I have got through my living room, dining room minus the bottom of the china cabinet, THM's toy closet/clothes, bathroom and hall closet.

That is a ton to go through in such a short amount of time.  So far 229 items have been put in the donation pile. Plus some I am going to gift my mom. Some I am going to gift my brother's girlfriends mom and a box to trade to go out.

Even THM has a pile. He did really great and earned a new iPad game.


Plus a ton of recycle and trash.

I have made great strides in getting stuff out. That number may not seem like a ton to most but my living room looks bare. My closet is organized.

I have a little trick to help me. I use the like it, love it, hate it frame of mind.  If I love it I keep it. If I like it I think about it and before the day is over, or the next morning, I make a decision.  And easy if I hate it it goes in the appropriate pile.

I also take the trash and recycle out at the end of the night. It helps keep the steam up. I see the stuff leaving.  Now for donation I have a huge pile. I was waiting until I got a good parking spot to put it all in the car.  Luckily for me I got one today and I will (with the help of THH) take it all out to the car and take it to the thrift store tomorrow. The faster it gets out the better.

Here are a few pictures of the donation pile. When all is said and done in the first sweep I will show pictures of the bareness and easy to clean house.



Pile #1  Misc from when I see something I don''t need I throw it here in the laundry room. 


Pile #2  The main pile.  When I am going through a room I make the pile to keep it all nice and neat. That way I can make one swoop to itemize for donation and take to the car. 

I am feeling great about this. We are hoping to move this year. Not going to have to move all this junk!!!

Are you trying to have less "stuff" in your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment