Thursday, February 28, 2013

All out in the Open!!

I have been painting my entire inside of the apartment this week. I have the bathroom, living room and dining room done. In order to complete the dining room I had to take everything out of the china cabinet in order to move the darn thing and paint behind it. I did that today.


The nook is the prefect spot for it. And in the 5 years we have lived here I have never moved it. Only dusted and mopped under it. It took 3 people to get it up the stairs. I swear when we move I am going to pay someone to move it for me. It doesn't come apart and is heavy.  It looks funny all empty.



All that was in the cabinet is taken out. And this isn't even all of it. Some is behind the table, some on other shelves. I don't know if I will be able to get it all back in there.


Some of it isn't Pyres. There is a few FireKing, a Slick and Sassy Punch bowl set, some random salt and pepper shakers, and the dessert bowl my grandmother gave me. 



I do say I love having it all out. It looks so pretty all together. But than again it shows the obsession. I need to Hurry and put them all back before THH gets home tonight! 

Someone help me!





6 comments:

  1. Oh I know! The bottom "unseen" part of the cabient is always my undoing... I buy pieces of Pyrex store them down there, forget hom much room i've got and go buy more! Better hurry before THH gets home and you've got some "splain'" to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it done. He never knew. He did say how nice and clean it looks now :)

      Delete
  2. Your treasures are "aplenty"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh! I am completely jealous of your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm always amazed at how many pieces I have forgotten that I've bought cos they're hiding At the back of my shelves! Do you keep yours sorted by pattern or size/shape? Mine are currently by pattern but I reckon I'd fit more in by shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my cabinet I do the top shelf by size (divideds and rectangles) middle is all the 470 series and non completed sets of fridges. And the bottom is round shapes (400 series, 024s)

      I also have display areas around the house where I do my sets. And an open cabinet I use for display of whatever I'm feeling then.

      Delete