Sunday, February 17, 2013

Friendship turns Relationship.

My mother (THB) came out a few weeks ago...... Here is her Pyrex story.


At about the age of 11 (I think) or so she met a boy.  In high school her and this boy started dating because, in her words, all her friends were dating and they thought they should too.

My dad, Kevin

My ma, Cindy
They married a year after they graduated from the same school in a small Midwest town.  Actually it is 3 villages (not kidding you on that) that make up the school district.  Otisville, Otter Lake and Columbiaville.  My mom is from Otter Lake and my dad from Otisville.

The wedding was a small simple church wedding.  My mom said she didn't even really want a wedding. She wore her hair down and so did he.  It was 1973 of course he has long hair.

My mom and dad on their wedding day
For my wedding I had my baker make me a cake exactly like theirs minus the birds on top. She used this photo and it came out perfect. A little updated and less frilly.

May 19th, 2007 THH and I's wedding day. (awwww)
Fast forward to 3 children later, a divorce from my father, a remarriage, my fathers death and 3 grandchildren out came the Pyrex.



She came to meet the newest granddaughter, Sam.  My eldest brothers first baby.  Along with her she brought me the Pyrex she got at her wedding on February  17th, 1973.  40 years it would have been today. One bowl is missing.  I never knew she has these. She cannot remember who gave them to her, my guess is my Great Aunt Margie. She is the "Crazy Aunt."

Missing the 443

They have a permanent place on my table right now. I got the rooster cloth a few years ago (maybe 6) what a small antique mall in Torrance, CA. I knew some day I would have a great use for it. The colors compliment perfectly.


She originally wanted to trade me for my primary set.  I was okay with that. The friendship means more to me.  But she fell in love with some Corning here and I bought her that and traded her.

My mom loves Spice of Life Corning. I found these for less than $20 for her. 

I still traded the primary, but not for more pyrex. I will show you later what I traded those for, it is currently at the cleaners. I think trading that primary set game me some good Karma.

So even though my parents are no longer married, and one is not with us today. Happy 40 Years. 40 years of love, heart break, kids, death and the most important being a family, through thick and thin.

I love you mom, thanks for the Pyrex.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story! It is great!!!!
    That is so wonderful that your mom still had them and gave them to you! You will find the other bowl you are looking for when you least expect it!
    I asked my mom if she ever got Pyrex for her bridal shower or anything she said no, wasn't sure why but she remembers getting corningware!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. Looks like she cared for her Pyrex and now you get to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a story! How wonderful after all these years she still had that Pyrex and you made a happy trade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely story! It's awesome that she held on to them for all those years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a nice story! I love things with so much history behind them :)

    ReplyDelete