Sunday, February 10, 2013

I have Eyes for Pyrex

Last Friday during my normal routine I stopped at Salvation Army after I dropped off THM at school.  Before school we played cars and treasure hunt. Yup my kid loves to hunt for treasures too.

I walked in and saw this bowl set. A complete Verde Cinderella set. The 442 was pretty marked up. I didn't take it. (well as you can see here I did take it, but back to the story)



Then I saw this mismatch of bowls.  A green and an orange. Now I like the orange it was in awful condition.  So they stayed too. Also stayed was a primary yellow bowl, for $15. Yeah crazy price there for a not great condition yellow primary. (wish my phone showed the damage a little better) I went back Saturday and they had been taken. I saw the ladies and their cart. They looked like resellers by the stuff in their cart and the way the nit-picked at stuff. Haha they didn't get my score the day before!

Orange and green $12.50

yellow primary $15

Then on the other side of the shelving unit I spotted something. My heart started to pump really fast. My heart was racing. There was someone else on the other side. I reached my hand through and grabbed those suckers.

Yes they wrap in bed pads. Surprisingly they work well for the job. I reuse them for my dog. 

Do you want to know what is in here?

I know you do. But I am not going to show you...yet.

After I snatched them up I grabbed the green set. Since it was a discount day I thought why not, it was a whole set. And I love green. And I have seen that marked up bowl before, if need be I could replace it. But it cleaned up great. So yay! For $15 I consider it a steal for a full set. And they look pretty on my shelf next to my flour.


Now back to that set my heart raced over. Are you ready for it???
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I HAVE A SET OF EYES!

This set is nicked named "Eyes." 
According to Pyrex Love this set is called "Hot 'N' Cold Chip and Dip."
It is a 403 and 401. 
These are unmarked. No stamps on the bottom. 


They originally had them marked at 12.50.
NO FREAKING WAY! I would have bought them at that price.
   Holy poo. I was smiling from ear to ear.



It should have a bracket, but I will take it anyway I can. Except DWD. I did find a DWD one a few months ago, at the same salvation army. That was a sad day. I passed it for weeks and my heart broke every time. Now I have a nice and perfect set. 


The DWD one I found a few months ago. How sad.
 Looks like someone bought it though cause it was just gone one day.
They should of held out, wait no they shouldn't have.
Cause I wouldn't have got them then!  


I looked it up on Ebay and they want $150.
I paid $6.50

I know!!!! I know!!!! 

11 comments:

  1. Holy Super Awesome Find Batgirl! Wowser! You so scored. I peruse the SA whenever I stop there and don't come across any Pyrex. Now..I know why... cuz you've already bought it all. lol

    Perhaps one day I will score a nice treasure, that you've either passed up..or haven't seen yet. :)

    Congrats on the find! xxxooo

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I go many times a week. One day you will find something before me, then I will come over and steal it from you. Bahahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky!!! I am green with envy!!!! I want the eyes pattern so bad! Lucky you. You seem really excited you found them and I am sure they have a good home now! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have their own shelf and are the prize winner of my collection so far. Thanks, I am sure a set will find a home with you soon!

      Delete
  4. That is just unbelievable!! LUCKY!! I bet you are still staring at them........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, amazing! Good thing you reached in and grabbed it when you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe you found both of them together - and at that price. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome awesome
    Awesome
    Find!!! I just love the Eyes! It's like my holy grail of Pyrex, I'm 100% sure they never sold them in Australia so I'm totally coming to America just to look for them. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell you what. If I ever find another set we can trade. You get eyes and I get some of those frilly pie plates? Deal!?

      Delete