Monday, February 4, 2013

Royal Divided

A while ago I came across the bottom of the "Royal" divided dish. I knew one day I would find the lid. Well at first I didn't know what the lid was but thanks to Flickr and some Facebook groups I figured it out.



Friday while hitting up the local thrifts I found the lid! And the bottom. Mint!

Now I have the extra bottom. For sale. $10 plus shipping. Or make me an offer.

No chips or cracks, a few flea bites, great condition. 
Back to the completed dish. The blue is. Royal blue. Very smooth and the perfect blue. I would have to say it is my favorite blue pyrex.



The lid has gold leaf on it. Just so elegant and special. Something about the simplicity of the blue bottom and the extravagant golf leaf lid just meshes well together.


I may not be a princess but damn it I am King (yes not a queen, I'm the top power) in my household. THH can bite me. This just proves I am the Royal King of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment