Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Orange Flower Dishes, Out of this world price

So I had to buy groceries this week. Feed the kid. Feed the husband. You know, keep them alive. More important keep them happy and out of my hair. So before I ran off to the dreaded food palace I stopped at SA.

Tallies: 

Pyrex - 0
Pyr-o-rey - 4

Orange flower dishes - 62




Do you like these? They have orange flowers on them. Some speckliy brown marks. I should have looked at the maker. 62 pieces. Looked like they came straight from the late 70s, early 80s and some housewife who was bored to tears would buy. I mean who would buy so much of one pattern? One ceramic pattern that is Orange Speckley Flowers! (Sorry if you like them, they just are not my style)

Here are some more.



Oh look they take up the entire shelf.



BTW did I mention they were marked at $699.99.

No I did not use one too many 9s. At Salvation Army. $11.29 each piece.



Am I missing something? 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my!! That's as bad as the stamp albums I saw the other week at Value Village, in the showcase, as is, it said, $749.00 - can you imagine!! It's crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must be sharing the same crack, because for those prices they would have to be on something!

      Delete
  2. Oh my lord - $699.99?! That is literally INSANE. Goodness! (And I agree, they're not even cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness! I thought you bought them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL No freaking way! think off all the pretty pyrex I could get for that much!

      Delete
  4. Were they high when they priced that? I swear, the thrifts can be so random!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are apparently fire flower by Lenox. Made in the 70s and early 80s. The $700 price tag is still outrageous though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very correct. Thank you! Now that I see what some people want online for it, I can see it is pricey stuff. But still not $700 worth IMO. I cannot see them being a big reseller at all.

      Delete