Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tale of Two Nude Chicks - GUEST POST


First off,  huge thank you to my BFFL (that's best friend for LIFE fyi) Treasure Hunter for having me as her guest post! My story is not so different from hers, as you will see.
I have been living in Phoenix, Az for much longer than I had intended when we moved here, and have been desperate to get out for quite some time. The long term goal is to relocate within walking distance of my BFFL, but getting to the point of financial stability to make the 6 hour move practical is taking much longer than I would like. I tell you this, not to arouse your sympathy, but so that you will understand the pure elation I felt at the opportunity to get away, even for a few days, and be with my BFFL for a little girls time.
Some of the view

I have always been a fan of nudity. This, however, was my first experience in nudity in a socially acceptable setting. (Generally I confined my clothing-free excursions to private residences, late night walks along the banks of the river where I atttended university, or skyclad gatherings with close friends for holidays.) Camping at a nudist resort was a whole nother experience altogether. (Yes, I said a whole nother, not another whole. I'm from MI, deal with my midwestern idiocyncracies.) BFFL and I agreed to meet at the park, due to my long drive, and I decided to go sans-gps, so it would be more of an adventure! Armed with my Camelbak full of water and some handwritten directions, I set off. I had a hard time gauging my eta, without the GPS and ended up about 15 min ahead of BFFL. I sat in the car waiting for her to arrive, slightly apprehensive, as she had set it all up and this being my first excursion i wasn't sure of the protocol: should I remove my dress before going to the office to check in? I wondered. I just decided to wait and see.
BFFL arrived and after our joyous reunion we went into the office. The gal behind the desk was topless, pierced and tattooed. She was completely at ease with her attire and ours, although a little frazzled with her job-remembering to use the clicker to let people in the gate seemed to be the biggest complication. BFFL had arranged for the park to waive our gate fees as this was our first visit, so all we had was the camping (STUPID CHEAP!) to pay for and then we got our map and were sent on our way. We asked if there was anything we needed to know, and all she could think of to tell us was "Have Fun!". And that we did!

We drove around the park to the main camping area, an open field, surrounded by trees and picked a spot where we would have shade in the morning. Off came the clothes, and camp got set up. We enjoyed a little drinking and a lot of sun the first day. I played volleyball for the first time since Jr. high, and this was water volleyball, so way more challenging than even what I had remembered. BFFL was the golden good luck charm, the time I played on her team we won, but when we split up I had to become a gracious loser. I'm more of a liability than anything else where hand-eye coordination is involved. In my defense, I did warn the other players before I agreed to take part, and it was all in good fun.
After making some new friends through the pool time, we went back to camp to prepare for the evening. I feel like we ate yogurt parfaits, but at this point I was already several drinks into my first day, so the more mundane details may not align properly.
We put on our matching convertible sundresses (modesty can be fun in the right environment!) BFFL as a dress, me as a skirt and headed over to Karaoke. All the people were in various stages of undress, some topless like me, some bottomless (heehee bottomless men with their modest casual button up shirts, so fun!) others fully clothed. 
Me on left, BBFL on right

As we arrived at the tiki bar, we met a staff member who became my closest new friend over the course of the weekend. LBH (long blonde hair) reminded me of my brother and we connected almost instantly. LBH was walking along the top of a wall upon which BFFL set her towel (the one thing to remember, you have to always know where your towel is!). LBH wanted to leap the obstacle, but alcohol and a lack of coordination sent him crashing down on his hip, teeter tottering on the edge of the wall. Charming :)
One of our new friends offered to buy my drinks for the night if I would sing STYX. As Styx is my favorite classic rock band, and I enjoy free alcohol even more than the other kind of alcohol, I was happy to oblige. I rocked out "Too much time on my Hands" and accepted my Captain and Coke with a smile.
While waiting for my next turn to sing, I took to dancing. Even got some others up and dancing too! Got my courage up and asked LBH to sing a duet with me. We did Picture. We rocked it. Friend who was buying drinks got jealous and wanted to sing with me too. We did Leather and Lace. He did not know the lyrics. It was entertaining. BFFL got her courage up to sing and made me do it too. WaterLoo by ABBA. I'd never heard it, so that was fun. At least in this accepting environment of amazing people we were not booed off stage. My final song was Crazy on You by Heart. I am by no means the goddess of rock that Ann Wilson is, but I gave it all the passion that an intoxicated fun loving woman on a girls weekend out can, and people loved it. Those high notes were probably my crowning achievement for the weekend.
The rest of the evening was a blur of dancing, singing, drinking, and a brief excursion for some extracirricular activities with a few of our new friends including LBH. Came back to camp around 3 am. Woke up at 7 am and kept the party rolling.

View from the Ampatheather. 

Fell asleep on a lounge chair (face down said my chest with extreme relief!) and secured a spectacular sunburn on my backside. No tan lines though! So that's a blessing. All of Sunday was hopping from pool to pool to lounge chairs to shade getting to know our new friends better. Had an amazing dinner with a few of the staff members. Around sundown I got a ridiculous chill. Could not get warm for the life of me. We tried the hot pool but it was too cool. I couldn't step into the hot tub because of tender sun kissed skin. So we headed back to camp early and I cozied up in my new sleeping bag, which thankfully is temp rated for 25 degrees below, so I warmed enough to have a good heart to heart with BFFL and then sleep soundly.
Monday morning dawned foggy and wonderful. I truly appreciated the amazing green nature around us. I have never felt more at home and at ease than I did this weekend. Woke just past 7 again, seriously, WTF I thought I'd be able to sleep in on a vacation, but no such luck. We had breakfast, and broke camp (slowly and reluctantly as we did not want to return to the world where clothing is required). The sun came out and burned off the beautiful fog.  We went about to say goodbye to the friends who had remained long enough (many had to return to the real world after the weekend, and some lucky ones like LBH never have to return unless they so choose) and then got in our cars. BFFL's car did not want to start, but it was persuaded into behaving. With hugs and sadness, we parted ways.
My trip back was uneventful, save for the crossing  of the state line. The very air feels different this side of the river, and I experienced some despair. I actually pulled off the side of the road and called my husband to ask if I could turn back around and head for the beach. He laughingly persuaded me to come home on the grounds that if I didn't there would be no one to put away all the clean dishes he had washed. So I returned home, heart heavy, skin tender, and with an even stronger burning desire to relocate myself.
And thus ends the first chapter of A Tale of Two Nude Chicks.
I have to go home now. You can see in my eyes despite my smile how dismayed I am to be leaving



No comments:

Post a Comment