Friday, July 5, 2013

A Burst - Starburst that is!

OMG! OMG! OMG! 



Friday last week, after being in a funk for a week, I thought I should stop by my old stand-by Salvation Army. Have you noticed I like it there? Anyways I loaded THM up in the car at about 8am and we were on our way.

We got in the store, saw AFC (our very Awesome Friendly Cashier, I will keep her name confidential) and said "hi". Them saw the manager and said "hi". He knows us too. I immediately walked over to the collectables where they always place the Pyrex. I scanned. Went to turn the corner and BAM!

A Starburst Space Saver!!!!!!

Yup I told THM  "hold this and say cheese!" Had to have a picture of the moment I got it. Marked $12.50. My head was like "YOU GOT A COUPON TOO! YOU GOT A COUPON TOO!" I even said to AFC, "I got a coupon too!!!!" AFC laughed at me. She knew the excitement was my crazy self.




Then after I calmed down a second I spotted a barbed wire. I only had one coupon. I was fine with that, I will use it on the barbed wire since it was more (marked $15, ugg, but it had a lid). Sweet, I don't have that one yet.




Then THM spotted a Gemco "Country Festival" creamer. Yes he has good taste beacuse he asked for it. Sure kid!  I happily ran off, got a cart (pyrex in hand of course. I am not putting those babies down) and we finished our shopping.

Making the creamer chomp. What a kid.

I got to the counter and happily put my stuff on the counter. AFC, bless her heart, chit chatted with me  and I showed her some pictures of my collection. She rang me up and I glanced at the receipt. Making sure my 40% was there.


THM Creamer "Country Festival"

She wrapped up my new pretties and THM and I were on our way. I looked at the receipt more carefully in the car.  AFC charged me $9 for the barbed wire.  AND THEN ONLY CHARGED ME $9 FOR THE STARBURST! I think I love her. Next time we go in THM and I are going to bring her cookies and a little gift for her daughter who is THM's age.

What a great freaking day.








6 comments:

  1. YOU
    ARE
    FREAKIN
    AWESOME!

    I wanna be you when I grow up. lol

    Congrats on the treasure hunt! You did GOOD!!!

    XOXO.. your OLL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word. That is incredible. And I am speechless. There is hope of a starburst in the wild :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You did it! Welcome to the starburst sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it! Super Jelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot damn! :D how exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Starburst!
    I'm reading your blog from Australia :) I am a Pyrex Hunter from Down Under, but I so wish we would find such gorgeous American Pyrex in our Op Shops (thrift stores!) I do have lots of Agee Pyrex tho, since that is way more common here. I have loved reading all about how you have found your collection!

    ReplyDelete