Friday, July 12, 2013

Old Orchard - Fridgie set

So a few weeks ago I bought a set of "yellow" fridgies on eBay. I totally had convinced myself they were daisy. The pictures even looked really yellow.




It was a local pickup. It took the seller a full week to get back to me about pickup claiming she didn't think I responded becuse she was reading the wrong emails. Um, don't you check your eBay after yousell something on there? Anyways I did get to pick them up.

And they turned out to be verde 501s. I already have 1 verde 501. I really wanted those daisy yellow ones. So now I have an extra 501 I do not needs. Being the super savvy person I am, I traded it. For one I do need. The caramel old orchard one.

If you remember I found the 503 at the Long Beach Antique and Flea market this spring. I called it "the ugly one."



Then I found the 502 at a pre- LB Antique market Facebook sale. I had met up with a woman and luckily I spotted it before I left. I didn't see it in the pictures online. YAY for spontaneous buying.


The Dark 501 I grabbed last year at a "American Heritage" sale at a local thrift shop. If you remember correctly they wouldn't let me shop and I had to go back the next day.



That caramel one was driving me crazy. Not even a single cheap one on eBay has popped up for me.  But lucky for me someone on a FB trading group had one and accepted my offer to trade my extra verde.

She shipped super fast and so did I. We managed to get our stuff the same day.


I am happy to say that I completed my set. Cost me about $20. Steep I know. But it is my favorite. And I have only ever seen one complete set in the wild for $35. eBay currently has 2. One for $48 and one for $49. So I think I did good for "the ugly set. "  It also now sits on the shelf in the dining rom I have labeled the "Ugly Shelf."  It holds my uglies..


That is a squirrel shaker set on top. And My dad's ashes next to it in the wood box. 


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing your set! Your display looks very pretty for an ”ugly shelf”.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie-- I have an old orchard mixing bowl up for trade.
    I am on the Pyrex 4 Trade group.
    Erin S.

    ReplyDelete