Monday, September 30, 2013

Verde! Square Flowers! Help!

It is over!

It has rained Pyrex for me. Well Sprinkled. Better something than nothing. Guess all I had to do was tell you all about my drought!

 I walked into SA last Wednesday and I saw nothing on my first swoop. At this point I am over it. Over not finding anything. Ready to give up forever. (not really)  Then I walked by and way under the shelves where they put the overflow of dishes I see it. A Square flowers 503! SAAAAWEEET! And amazingly they didn't have the price jacked up! Someone is looking down from the second floor of SA for me! My SA angel.

It even gets a "car picture" for breaking the drought! 
Now my quandary is; Do I finish the second verde set? Or do I just set them up together and not have doubles of the 501s and 502s? Since only the 503 are different in the 2 versions of Verde/square flowers.

Help me. (I need it in more ways than one)



Friday - I also found another red 501. This one matches one of the reds I already have. So I switched it out. Much better. Plus it had a lid. YAY! little but better than nothing.

The middle is slightly darker. The bottom is the one I just got. The top one I got in MI. 

And I finally found more Spring Blossom plates. I only had 3 of the large ones and I hate washing dishes all the freaking time. So having more will be great. It was under a Pyrex Roaster pan (clear and not anything I want or need it.)

PLATES!!!!!


So help me out and tell me what I should do with the Verde/Sqaure flowers?


Oh and check out www.wecallitjunkin.com - Linking up!  Helping all of us get more readers, through each other!

12 comments:

  1. Fridgies of any kind are good to keep - I downsized a lot of my Pyrex but not any fridgies, they're too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm not one to give advice about Pyrex. Every time I decide "I'm going to limit it to this and this pattern," then I go crazy and buy the next piece I see, no matter what it is. This post would be perfect for my new link party that starts tomorrow, Oct. 1, called We Call It Olde - anything antique or vintage. I hope you'll link up! Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com www.wecallitjunkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pyrex one of my favorite finds you have some nice pieces there.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say no doubles unless you really really really love them! (I probably wouldn't follow my own advice if I found them at a thrift store for a reasonable price!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had the crazy daisy dishes when I was a kid. My mom offloaded them in bits and pieces over the last ten years then gave me the remnants a few years ago. I was foolish and gave them all to Goodwill; it was only a few plates and bowls but still.... I should have kept them and taken what she donated earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would get the doubles if I ran into them and they were a good price and in good condition. I don't run into fridgies very often so I don't think it would be an issue for me. Plus, you could always use the set or pieces in a trade later if you wanted. I'm not a good one to ask, I always side with keeping the Pyrex!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new recommendations say don't microwave your food in plastic as it may be a component in breast cancer. I go one step further and don't store my food in plastic either, so the more Pyrex, the better, as far as I'm concerned. Keep them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go one step further... I don't use the microwave. Period.

      K. That's not true.. ever since my bf melted my popcorn popper, I do, but that's all I use it for.

      Delete
    2. I don't even own a microwave. :) popcorn is so much better on the stove!

      Delete
  8. I have never seen a square flowers here in Ontario in a thrift store. I have seen it in an antique market once (but coulda came in there from anywhere... a lady brought in some of my Butterprint fridgies from Florida). Ya, don't think they were sold around here! Glad the droughts over...

    My thrift drought continues, but I got a piece of kijiji this week.

    Thrift on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope yours ends soon. You always find great stuff!

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for linking this to my first We Call It Olde Link-Up! Thanks to you, my first week was a success. I hope to see you there again each Tuesday with your antique, vintage, or history-related article. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete