Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pyrex I didn't buy 10

Well here we are. Post 10 on the stuff I did not buy.  (That is a ton!)

Why you ask? I've gotten to that point in my collection where I either have it or I don't like it. How sad. But happy because that means I am saving money and keeping my house just a little less cluttered. 

St. Vincent De Paul
$.99
Pyrexware bowl

So I like dinnerware but I would only buy in a lot. I'm not huge on trying to complete the pyrex dinner ware. So this bowl stayed at the store. I have one chop plate and I use it for cookies. I don't need random bowls laying around. 





St. Vincent De Paul
$5.99
Primary Yellow 404

Not a bad price. But very scratched up.  Lots of paint scratches. Not flea bites but big scratches. This guy was loved. He stayed too. 







Salvation Army
$15.00
Daisy Divided

Oh hello there daisy divided dish. I'm sorry but I have one of you already. Why couldn't have been a dandelion duet or that cool orange flowery one. We'll someone else got you since I passed. I hope they give you a good home. 











Salvation Army
$8.50
Primary Green

Hi green. I'm not green with envy. Somehow I managed to get 2 of you already. Why oh why could you be a red 402! 


Assistance Legue Thrift Store
$50
Corelle Spring Blossom

I NEED those berries bowls and those big bowls. Ugg but they would not separate them for me.  I must say for a full service in one place not too bad of a price for a "fancy" type thrift store. Maybe another day.




I have not got anything in the last week and a half. Not since the snowflake space saver. I am going out tomorrow and hopefully I will come home with something. If not then I will just go eat a full thing of Oreos and not regret it one second.

I already have them in the cubbard. I am prepared for disappointment.

4 comments:

  1. Yep, I saw a couple yellow 404s too, I've got an old one already in better shape than the ones I saw. I need a red 402 too. (Also a blue 401, the one I saw was DWD). I've got more dishes than I care to disclose. I had better luck last week with a balloons--so I can't complain. But I was getting pretty darn antsy last week! Sending you better luck on tomorrow's hunt! (I need to come up with a comfort food for my bad weeks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I'm there too with my collection. Just need a couple of pieces to complete some sets. Occasionally I run across a promotional to add to the collection.

    I had a lot of fun putting together my dinnerware set. I went with the turquoise autumn band. Use them everyday and love them because they can take a beating. No more chipped ceramic dishes for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was writing from work today earlier at like 10am or something, but my net access ain't the best and didn't connect. I was saying how Pyrex hunting has blown around here lately, dealers galore, but then on a 50% off day I score.a.441 and a 443 for $4. Wonder why they were still there?

    Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the whole spring blossom set! Those are the exact dishes from my childhood. Do you know where I can buy them? What city is the assistance league thrift store in? Maybe they'll ship them to me :)

    ReplyDelete