Wednesday, December 25, 2013

What is the box 3 - Christmas edition

Merry Christmas!
I hope your day was a wonderful one
 filled with family and joy. 


Today is the perfect day for another "what is in the box".

Here is said box. It is wrapped in holiday paper. It is my gift from my mother in law. She has the sickness too.  Don't mind THH ugly foot.


I unwrap box. No hints as it is a postal box. This is a good sign. Meaning something awesome is inside.



Open postal box. Another good sign. Wrapping supplies.



Toss out wrapping supplies and we have ………………….
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

1960 Promo item, "Salad Bowl" 444



FETUS!!! 

It's given name is not fetus but if you look at the pear and leaf you see a fetus. Us Pyrexians have given it that nickname. When found with an original box they call it "Salad bowl with tongs." I like Fetus better. 

I have wanted this bowl for a long time. (Remember I found one back in Palm Springs and they wanted too much money. Well screw Palm Springs, I have one now.)

When I skyped my mom she said I can see the fetus too. And now you can and you will never look at it the same way again.

It was my only Pyrex gift, but it sure is a great one.

Not bad for being overly tired!
Merry Christmas, I hope you call had a wonderful holiday. And I hope our new year brings much joy and Pyrex in our lives. 

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Merry Christmas! Happy for you you got your dream bowl! Santa brought me some too, maybe I'll post on Collective tomorrow!
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you to! Cannot wait to see your treasures!

      Delete
  2. Oh how GREAT! I have never seen that pattern before, what a lovely shade of green! haha Merry Christmas Indeed!

    ReplyDelete