Saturday, January 18, 2014

PIA - Zucchini Ravioli

PIA
(Pyrex in Action)

Zucchini Ravioli

I often get asked if I actually use my Pyrex.  Well of course I do. I use every single one. I use them (not all that the same time) everyday.  From cooking, to storage, to kid activities.

Tonight is Skinny Saturday at out house. We used to eat out and get pizza, taco bell or order something but we stopped for the "good fight."

I love this recipe. I found it on pinterest. I have modified it to be simple and omit onions.

Stuff you need:

Marinera Sauce, Ground turkey , spinach, garlic and zucchini

Added the recipe in MyFitnessPal. 

What you need to do:

Take the zucchini and with a wide veggie peeler, peel strips of it. Depending on the size of your zucchini you may need 3 or more.

Brown your ground turkey and add garlic (please use fresh!). If you want you can add the frozen spinach now. If you use fresh add it now to cook it down. I thaw my spinach and add it to the turkey in a bowl. Add a little salt if you want.


Take 2-3 strips and place on your work surface. The take 2-3 more and lay them the other way on top of the first strips.  Add filling.  Take the bottom strips and fold over on stuffing. Then finish with the inner strips folded. Place in pan.

Easy as 1-2-3-4!


After you have the pan full (may or may not use all mix and zucchini, extra mix for an easy lunch for me) take your sauce and pour it over it.

Verde 933!

Bake in pre-heated oven at 375f until hot all the way through. I think I do 30-40 minutes. Depends on it you make them ahead of time and store them in the fridge. Throw in some garlic bread in the oven too. 

Now you are waiting for dinner. But you have this extra zucchini right? Chop it up and freeze it. I add it to my Fajita bag. That is a bag of veggies for soup or fajitas (I had extra peppers so it will be fajitas next time.) I hate to waste my food. This is a good way to start a freezer meal for quick weekday meals.
My "fajita" bag

In goes the extra! 
Clean up the kitchen and wait for this delish, healthy, easy dinner.

Yum!  Paired with a slice of toast and I have dinner. 

Look at that healthy spinach. I like spinach

Per Serving is 1 roll. So 3 for me is a good size, but low calorie dinner
I hope if you try it you enjoy it. I know it has become a regular on my menu. I like I can make enough for lunch the next day, or feed 4 people if need be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment