Thursday, March 6, 2014

Doily - Pretty Blue!

I am back.  Where have I been? I took some time off to focus on myself and my family.  I am down a total of 38.6 lbs. I have a sparkling clean house. I am working on the science fair project my kid wanted to do and I have been spending time with THH whenever I can.

Now this does't mean I haven't gone thrifting. I have. Not as much as I normally do, but I have gone out a few times. Slim pickens here.

One day I did manage to find this doily bottom.


Now I Knew I had seen the lid for sale somewhere. I couldn't remember if I saw it online or in person.  I messages my pyrex lady on Facebook thinking i saw it at her house in her sell pile. She did have it. And sold it to me. While I was there I found the Forest Fancies 472 that I needed to complete my set. So I killed 2 birds with one stone!



I also found this really awesome rack. I don't know what it is supposed to be used for but I got it to hold  my pie plates. They look awesome on my counter. The little dividers bend so I can fit them all. I need more pretty colors. So much pink there!




One thing I did work on while I was on a  break was a quilt for THM. It is a mix of IKEA fabric and random bits and bobs of fabric I had around. It goes perfect in his room. It has to be one of my favorite quilts I have done. It turned out perfect.





So I didn't buy much, but there was a ton I did not buy. Check that out this weekend. THH is filming a playstation commercial so I have lots of time on my hands this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the quilt is sweet! I admire quilt makers--it's just one of those things I don't think I'd ever have the patience for.
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that that blue one with the lid!

    ReplyDelete