Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Why I have been gone....


Okay I am so sorry to have left you all! 

But I have major news. 
Can you guess what we did?


I am back 

In a new state. 

Yes a new state. We made the decision to take some time and go back to our roots. To show our child how we grew up. To get out of the city. To be in the frozen vortex of.....

Detroit 


I know. We have totally lost our minds. 

But we are able to rent a cute house, have family near by and rekindle some much needed roots. 

So with this new house means new decor and fun thrifting. 

So over the next few weeks I will be showing off what I have done. We decided to go budget mid century modern. With everything either from a thrift, friends & family or some sort of used. Maybe a few new things made their way in but nothing huge. 

It all started with a long drive. and I mean long. Thankfully we stopped at my bros for a few days and then drove 22 hours from there. stopping for food and gas only. It was long. 


I drove with THM, THB and the dogs. 
THH came a week later. 

Here are a few pics of the drive. 

Bye bye CA. Until next time

Middle America is really flat


 This was really awesome. We managed to find the middle of America. We had taken a wrong turn and came across this. I had to stop and take a picture.



Did you know they have a speed limit of 75 on some two way roads!

Here is the cute little house we are staying in for the time being. 
Right now it is snow snow snow here. 






So look for lots of new posts. Lots of thrifts in my future.
I missed you.

1 comment:

  1. Having grown up near Detroit, I can tell you this with authority. Winters are brutal, but summers are gorgeous. Good luck in your new home.

    ReplyDelete